Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tomorrow's the BIG day!

Hey, everyone!

Welp! Tomorrow's the day I move into my new apartment, meet a bunch of people I'll live and work with, and start a summer filled with loads of adventures. Back in February, I was accepted into the Disney College Program in which I'll be working Merchandise as well as living and taking classes at the Disney Resort... and I simply can't wait to get started.

A bit about me:

I'm a senior at Knox College in Galesburg, IL where I'm studying Theatre and English Literature. I call Waukesha, WI my home, which is 20 minutes outside of Milwaukee. I am a member of the Beta-Delta chapter of Pi Beta Phi, I have studied abroad in Dublin for a semester, and I've always, always been a Disney fan.

I've been to the parks... oh... upwards of 15 times, but this is the first time I'll see it from the other side-- working and living there! I'll be here until the beginning of January and between now and then I'm hoping to have done a ton of things to write home about-- hence, this blog.

What I'd like to accomplish with this blog:

I hope to answer some of your questions about what the Disney College Program is and does, keep my friends and family updated on my life (instead of telling the story a hundred times, you know how it goes), and to record my time here in a more personal fashion than mass-emails. Thanks for taking the time to check in-- please leave a comment!

I hope to start a FAQ kind of deal sometime soon, but for now, I'm gonna grab some shut-eye before waking up at 5:30am tomorrow for check-in. Haven't seen that side of 6 o'clock in a long time! Hahaha, night, all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment